Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Mojitoish Smoothie


I got this recipe from a great blog http://mynewroots.blogspot.ca/ Not sure if I have referenced it before or not, but its good, really good and very inspiring!

So I have made this one a few times and each time I change some of the ingredients, either to suit what I have at home or depending on who I am making it for.  When I make it for the kids I substitue apple juice for the nutmilk/coconut water and leave out the dates (apple juice is sweet enough).  For Rich who is limiting his carb intake I make it with the coconut water and use only half a banana and no dates.  Every time its delicious and very filling.  Have yet to make it a real mojito and add the rum but sure i will find a friend to do that with soon!!


The Mojito Smoothie
Serves 2 as a snack, 1 as a meal

Ingredients:
1 ½ cups nut milk or coconut water
3 Tbsp. hulled hemp seeds
½-1 tsp. spirulina (whatever you can handle)
4 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
1 avocado
1 frozen banana
2 dates, pitted
handful fresh mint leaves (20-25 leaves)

1. Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend on high until all the ingredients are mixed and you have the consistency that you like.  Serve over ice and enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment